There’s nothing better than a pool to find respite from Melbourne’s sweltering summer heat. If you are looking to create a luxurious fence for your pool, there’s nothing better than a glass fence. One big question is whether you should hire a professional glass pool fence installer or do it yourself.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of each option to help you make an informed choice.
Pros of DIY Glass Pool Fence Installation
The biggest and perhaps the only benefit of installing a glass fence yourself is that you get to save on the labour cost of hiring a professional. Apart from that, as our clients will tell you, there are no other real benefits of DIY installation.
Cons of DIY Glass Pool Fence Installation
- Physically demanding. Installing a glass fence is no mean feat. It’s a physically demanding task. Some of the glass panels can weigh upwards of 100 kilos. If you have no previous experience in construction, you may find that DIY installation is stressful and extremely demanding.
- Time-consuming. Some pool fences can take a couple of days to complete – and that’s with a professional. Keep in mind also that a lot of work is done behind the scenes, even before the glass installed; working out the size of panels, gaps, fixings, etc.
- Compliance issues. The installation may not comply to Victorian regulations.
- You might not get a professional finish. Finding all the necessary materials and equipment, getting the fence height right, keeping the fencing firm and ensuring a consistent design can prove to be quite a challenge. Even a small error can prove to be disastrous.
- Costly experiment. You may end up spending more than you planned for if the installation isn’t done correctly.
Pros of Professional Glass Pool Fence Installation
- Professional finish. The biggest benefit of hiring a professional is that you will get a glass fence that is flawlessly installed, stable and completely safe.
- Professional advice. A professional installer will help you through the entire process. From helping you choose the right fence to getting the materials and ensuring a consistent design, you are assured of professional service from start to finish.
- With years of experience in pool fence installation and extensive know-how, a professional can ensure compliance to Australian regulations.
- Complete peace of mind. Hiring a professional to install your glass pool fence assures you complete peace of mind. When you use a professional, you won’t have to worry about complying with regulations or safety hazards. Not only will the fence be installed to the highest standards, but it will also be installed quickly and efficiently.
DIY Glass Pool Installation Vs Professional Installation – Parting Thoughts
Although DIY installation may help you save some money, the bigger question is whether it is worth it. You must remember why you are installing a pool fence. When the safety of your family is at stake, it makes sense to hire a professional team that knows what it takes to install a glass fence safely and accurately whilst complying with the regulations. Contact Harbour Glass today for professional glass pool fence installation in Melbourne.